- 12 ounces cream cheese, soft
- 5 eggs
- 15 packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 Teasps vanilla
- 1 ½ cups whole almond meal
- 1 cup unprocessed wheat bran
- 1 Teasp baking powder
- 1 cup whole (fresh or frozen) blueberries
- 2 Teasps grated lemon peel
Preheat oven to 325ºF. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan (heavy-gauge metal is best). You can also use muffin liners.
Put cream cheese and two eggs in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat with a flat beater until smooth and fluffy. Add the other eggs, one at a time, beating briefly after each. On slow speed, stir in the rest of the ingredients except the blueberries and lemon peel. When mixture is well blended, stir in the blueberries and lemon peel.
Fill the muffin pans almost to the top. (The muffins will rise only slightly.) Bake muffins for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. These muffins freeze well. Thaw at room temperature.
Note: Each muffin has 4.8 grams of carb.