Real, hard cheese, shredded.
My favorite is Colby
Skillet: Sprinkle a thin layer of shredded cheese in the skillet, about the size you’d make a pancake. Let it cook for 1-2 minutes, then flip it. If it’s not cooked enough, flipping will be difficult. Let cook another 1-2 minutes.
Remove from the skillet and place on paper towels to absorb the excess grease. Let sit for about 2 minutes and it should be nice and crispy, like Cheesits. If they don’t turn out crispy, you didn’t cook them long enough.
Microwave: Spread the cheese on wax paper, being sure you don’t mound it too thickly. Put in for 30-60 seconds. You may have to experiment with the times for your particular microwave. Watch very closely though, because it catches fire easily.
Remove and let sit for 1-2 minutes and again, it should be nice and crispy.
Notes: It’s important to use real cheese for this, not imitation. You can also make different flavors by sprinkling with onion powder, garlic salt, or powdered ranch dressing mix.
One crisp roughly the size of a medium pancake is approximately 1 gram of carbs. These are very filling and quite satisfying when you’re craving a crunchy snack.
• Recipes Main Page
• Lunch & Sides
• Dinners & Meals
• Sweets & Treats
More Low Carb Recipes…
• The Book Of Beef – 1250 Juicy, Beef Recipes in 5 Downloadable Cookbooks! + Get 7 Free Bonus Books!
• Atkins Friendly Low Carb Recipes – Download 1000 Atkins Friendly Low Carb Recipes in EBook format
• Over 1300+ Low Carb Motivational Recipes – Keep Motivated – Loads of Quick and Easy Low Carb Recipes and Other Great Extras.
• Recipe Builder – Recipe Software Program with 10,000 Recipes. Add New Recipes, Move, Revise, Delete, Compare, Search and Print Recipes.
• Low Carb Recipe Ecookbooks – Enjoy your favorite foods without the guilt!
• 2025 Diabetic And Dieting Recipes – Two Thousand Twenty-Five mouth-watering recipes for diabetics, dieters and health conscious. With a Full Featured Recipe Program.
• 50% off Atkins Products at House of Nutrition! – Amazing savings on all of your favorite Atkins Products.
Popular Low Carb & Recipe Searches……